Brittani - Berne, Indiana

I chose to be a registered nurse, because I think that the health care field offers very rewarding opportunities. Many jobs offer quality interaction with other individuals, however nursing allows us to forever touch people’s lives. It takes a very dedicated, kind hearted and intelligent individual to make a successful nurse. We have committed four years of our lives to education in order to fulfill these requirements. Nurses are great team players. I have observed teamwork in each of my clinical experiences. Techs, unit clerks, doctors and nurses as well as the patient’s and their families work together to achieve the best possible care. Nursing is a career of great values and healthy practice. I believe that nurses also have the power to inspire, soothe and heal the hearts and minds of their patients. Most people who have endured hospital stays tend to remember and appreciate the efforts of their nurse(s). I believe that as nurses, we can truly impact the lifes of others. I value this opportunity and look forward to all that the nursing profession has to offer.