Christopher - Jefferson, Georgia

Nice

The other day I was with a few girls and for some reason all of them left except one. While the other girls left, the remaining girl asked, “Dustin, why do you talk to me?” Looking as if I had just seen a ghost, I said, “What?” She replied saying, “As much bad stuff that you have heard about me and you still talk to me, why?” Just because I know a lot about someone that does not mean that I have to hate that person or not talk to that person. Being nice to everyone pays off in the long run. Everybody will always remember the person that helped him or her out, whether it is having a shoulder to cry on or a person to help you out on a test. I replied to the girl, “So I have heard some things about you that might not be good to know, but the thing is what if what I heard is not true or even if it is true and I am still talking to you, what does that make me?” “A nice person,” she answered. Many people think that the first impression that they get from someone is what that person is like all the time. For some people this is true, but for others it takes time and communication to truly see who somebody really is.

I asked her another question, “Why do you talk to me?” She thought for a minute and answered, “Because you are a really nice person and that you have always been there when I wanted to talk. If you were not there you got back with me to make sure everything was o.k.”

Being a person that anyone can come to and talk makes me feel, not loved but wanted and desired by other people. Its one of the greatest feelings in the world. The definition of nice is pleasing, agreeable, and delightful. Personally, the term nice means much more than those three words. For me a nice person can be described as: caring, loving, full of unlimited generosity, and will even meet someone at 2 o’clock in the morning just to talk. Those things are what I believe make and define kind, caring nice people.