Russell - Olga, Washington

This I believe …

When in the course of human events, the knowledge of how to destroy all living things on this planet has been joined with the ability to do so, it becomes necessary to set forth certain fundamental principles:

1. That a nuclear war cannot be won and must never be fought;

2. That no government has the right to participate in a nuclear war but only the obligation to prevent one;

3. That no government has the right to engage in the testing of nuclear weapons;

4. That no government has the right to deploy weapons in space;

5. That every government has the obligation to immediately undertake substantial reductions in its nuclear arsenal;

6. That no government has the right to harbor or support any person or entity engaging in prohibited activities including designing, producing, selling, distributing, transporting, acquiring, possessing or detonating nuclear weapons;

7. That every government has the obligation to prevent any person or entity within their borders from undertaking such prohibited actibities;

8. That every government has the obligation to cooperate with all other governments to prevent any person or entity from engaging in such prohibited activities.

9. That every government has the

obligation to commit to the establishment of a common global security system leading to the total elimination of all weapons of mass destruction;

10. That adherence to these principles will lead to a safer world of trust, mutual understanding and peaceful co-existence.