Jose - Albuquerque, New Mexico
Themes: golden rule

I Believe

I made fun of him to the point where he was filled with rage and tears flowed down his cheeks.

I knew what I was doing was wrong and downright evil but he was even worse to me and now I wanted to show him that you can’t be evil to someone and not get it back in return. I wanted that son of a bitch to believe in what I believe in that old phrase “what comes around goes around”.

Almost five minutes later I got hit by the car.

I’m twirling through the air and before I know it I’m on the ground and it’s like I can hear angels singing all around me but then I start to come to my senses because it was just a bunch of old ladies going home from church screaming their heads off because my leg is twisted in a very sickening way.

There re already paramedics sticking me with needles and people all around me crying but all I can think about is what my grandmother told me my whole life “Ay mi hito, what comes around goes around”. That annoyed me so much because I knew she was right about that.

“Retard” that’s what I called my friend that really hurt him the most, everyone called him that; but after what he told me he deserved it.

None of that really matters now, I was evil to someone and now I’m getting mine in return. I should have never made fun of him about getting hit by a car, maybe getting stung by a bee so it wouldn’t hurt as much as my leg does right now.

I want to apologize to him; I want to tell my friend “I’m sorry for making fun of him. I see him in my blurred vision standing next to the screaming ladies but I can’t speak. So I just sit back and let the morphine kick in knowing that this day will be life changing making me into a whole new person; knowing that from now on I will wake up and tell myself “Man don’t be mean to anyone just because they are mean to you, they’ll get it back sooner or later, “what comes around goes around”.