matthew - albuquerque, New Mexico

I believe no matter how much you think you know there is always something you can learn. Most people, when they leave high school, or even college, say they have reached their learning potential. I am a senior in high school and I believe that there is still much more to learn. Whether it is about life, school, or even a profession. I am studying to become an architect and at the begging of the year I thought there wasn’t much to learn from this class but my teacher proved me wrong when she showed me a way to show the house in 3-D. I see life as a learning process so therefore you will never stop learning. There is a well known saying that you “learn something new everyday”. I think that this saying is true. No matter how minuscule the lesson or how boring the lesson it is still a lesson being learned. No matter who you are, no matter what you do in life, you are always a student. Another example of this happened two years ago when I was a sophomore, it happened in my math class. I so far ahead that I would just sit there and wait for the class to catch up to me. One day the teacher gave me an assignment and told me to complete it. So at first glance I looked at it and said “easy” so I completed it in about 5 minutes. When she graded the paper and returned it, it came back with all the questions wrong! So when I asked the teacher where the mistake occurred the teacher said “if you read the instructions you wouldn’t have to correct it” so I went back and read the instructions when I realized my mistake I forgot to put the exponents in! That day I learned to read every single set of instructions no matter how much you think you know about the subject. From now on I see every day as a learning experience.