James - Salina, Kansas

The United States of America: Oppressive Regimes

Why has the government of the United States of America turned into an oppressive regime that controls all the ongoing of world politics? This action will one day cause the U.S. to lose its power and force us to succumb to the wills of another nation. The American government has committed dreadful violent and criminal acts upon other nations and peoples based upon its immature judgment. The U.S. has openly denied its citizens rights on the grounds of race, gender, sexual orientation, and immigration status. When Americans saw the atrocities of Tiananmen Square in 1989, we despised oppressive governmental regimes that denied its citizens rights and freedoms. Undoubtedly, we were right in our disgust in realizing that such behavior is both ethically and morally irreprehensible. If, America peers into its own history then we will see that we persecuted American citizens based upon race. The genocidal motivation for racial superiority was the reasoning behind the killing of millions of Native Americans and African Americans throughout America’s history. Can America say that Hilter was wrong in creating the Holocaust, when America shared a similar history with Nazi Germany? How about the slavery of Asians and Africans, who were seen as dispensable capital, in which human life was priced on wealth? America holds onto a tight slogan that believes that no one should be given rights, unless he or she is of a certain race, class, gender, or predilection. When President Bush claimed that money is a priority over peace, how did we allow economic maniacs to rule our lives? Why were Indochine and the Middle East such important regions for American involvement and invasion? No citizen in America seems to understand or know what is really going on in Washington D.C. Will America reprimand China once it decides to occupy and claim Taiwan as part of its territory? Or will we see our own flaws by remembering what we did in Iraq? Should I and all citizens of America plea for foreign assistance in toppling an oppressive and corrupt governmental regime that rules America? American citizens of our own right will one day break through the doors of Washington and regain our freedoms by burning all the restrictive bills and legislation that confines our freedoms as Americans proving that true American freedom really exists, this I believe.