Elyssa - Oak Park, California

I believe in the power of “The Secret”

Recently one of my twin 16 year old daughters had been pestering me to watch a video that she swore would change my life. It’s all she could talk about since first watching it over a month ago. The video was “The Secret” and she said it changed her entire way of thinking about things and I had to experience it and see what it was all about.

I assured her that I already knew “The Secret” – not from the video but from my own personal life experience. I told her that if she wanted to feel better she could go right at that moment and take a look at the books by my bedside table and she would see that I have been reading about “The Secret” for many years. It was in fact no secret at all. I explained what she was describing is the Law of Attraction and I not only know about this, but live my life by those principles. She was relentless telling me how her father, my ex, had it at his house and she was going to bring it home for me to watch. I suppose my first reaction to it being at her father’s house may have been why I was resisting watching it so much. But for as much as I tried to resist she was just as passionate about me watching it.

Being that this daughter of mine is not the most spiritual, or so I thought, I realized that the best thing was to encourage this feeling in her and watch the movie with her. After all, I read all kinds of books on the subject, why was I protesting so hard that I already knew the secret instead of embracing it? Even the “Law of Attraction” would tell me that I have just brought my daughter’s desire to share this with me…to me! So why push it away?

While watching the video with her I was amazed at how she hung on every word. She related so many of the stories in the video to her own life and drew all kinds of deep conclusions about the Universe. It was as though it were a flowing fountain and she had been dying of thirst. I couldn’t believe this was my “non-spiritual” daughter.

I believe in the power of “The Secret”.

When we were finished watching it she started to work on her twin sister. I over heard her say, “But you have to watch it! Mommy didn’t want to either and now she understands the power of “The Secret”! I also heard her sister say, “I already know “The Secret”… I read books on that stuff all the time.

I believe that her sister doesn’t stand a chance. I believe in the power of “The Secret”.