Alexia - Westhampton Beach, New York
Themes: prejudice

Most of my life I have been told that I was too small. Too short and too skinny I think people should just let me be. I just have to tell them all I can careless about they say about my body what am I suppose to do it’s not my fault my mom and dad gave me these genes. Yes I have notice that I am very small but you never know I might have an illness that will not allow me to gain weight or get taller. There are many advantages of being small. One advantage is that when playing hide and go seek its easy for me to find hiding space that the person looking for you might not think about. Another advantage of being small is that I’m able to make some clothes look better than people that are both taller and weigh more than me. I ‘m can get some of my stuff cheaper than “normal” people. When I go out to eat with my family at a Chinese restaurant sometimes there is chart on the wall that says if you’re below this line than you get you meal cheaper than everyone. Being short as really work to my advantage , plus I look so young when I go to the movies I pay less; when I go to the movie window and ask for a ticket they always give me a Childs ticket without even asking for it. So being so small also has saved my family some money. There are also many disadvantages to being small people look at me like I’m 4 years old which get annoying. Another disadvantage is that people are always talking about I don’t eat which makes me want to just grab something magical out of the air and be like see I do eat just to prove to people I eat. Another disadvantage is people touch the top of my head saying you’re so short, when people do that I just want to look at them and be like I think I’ve noticed that I have looked in the mirror in the past 24 hours now get off of me. Another thing that bothers me about being small is that people think that I have choice of being small and those people that think I don’t eat think that’s the reason I’m so small because of not eating I’m so small because I’m active I dance 3-4 times a week and I play sport that’s why I so small and if you would get up off the couch and do something with your life you might be close to my size. There have people I don’t even know come up to me and ask me if a anorexic its so annoying NO I’m not I’m just an active person. I believe that just because someone look one way they are not doing it to be like the celebrity that’s just the way they are.