Gia - 11940, New York

Every Action has a Reaction

Has it ever occurred to you that everything happens for a reason? Every situation that you are encountered with throughout everyday has a specific meaning. When your life has come to an end the action that brought about the closing stages determines your place in the after life. If you purposely end your life it is believed you will be sentenced to hell.

I had a shocking experience with someone very special to me and my family. At one time in his life he was confused about his place in the world and was taking his pain out on himself. He was abusing his body by using an excess amount of unnecessary household drugs. At one point it became so bad he felt he needed to end his life by overdosing with sleeping pills. As the days became harder his feelings towards suicide grew stronger. One night he had every intention of making it certain that he did not wake up the next morning. To his dismay he awoke the next day to the same lifestyle he tried so hard to escape.

A couple weeks later this situation once again occurred, but it was another failed attempt. The following day he and I had an experience with an elderly man outside a gas station. The stranger randomly came up to us out of everyone around us and began to tell us a bizarre story. When he began to talk we were taken aback by his bluntness. We questioned his insanity until he started explaining an encounter of heaven and hell that he believed he experienced. He said that heaven was a prize you have to earn and when the time comes you have nothing to be scared of but, even the most destructive juveniles in the world do not deserve to go to hell. He described it as the most horrifying sight we could ever imagine. The depth this man went into about his encounter with heaven and hell really made us begin to believe in him. While he was explaining his vision he made direct eye contact with my friend throughout the entire conversation. I felt as if he knew what the boy was trying to accomplish. It felt as if this man’s goal was to try and make a difference in the boy’s life. He made his point very clear that no child deserves to be sent to the eternal darkness. As we drove away the ride was filled with silence while our minds were running through this man’s conversation.

My friend still has his good and bad days but he sees death in a different light. When I talk to my friend now I don’t feel as if he still believes his life is worth ending. This man approached us at the most ideal time in his life for him to consider he has a special place in this world and his actions will affect someone else in a positive way. Every action has a reaction. The outcome of this man’s actions saved a young boys life.