Candace - Overland Park, Kansas

The Day My World Stopped

I was ten. It hadn’t been a good year. My parents seemed to be getting worse. They were fighting every night, it seemed, and they were talking about weird stuff…Stuff I really didn’t understand at the time. There was day after school before my mom had to go to work, they asked me to sit at the dinning room table next to my mom. My dad, on the other hand, was standing and pacing about the kitchen and dinning room and there for was the only one talking. I had no idea what was going on and then my mom started to cry, I don’t really like it when my mom cries because it normally means that something bad is going to or has already happened. Then my dad, being the jerk that he was, just goes out and says it… “We’re getting a divorce”… they had sent me away that year to my aunt’s place in Missouri. The whole time I was there I knew something was going on at home and wanted to go back. I heated being away from my parents. That was the very year my world came to an end… for the past six years I’ve been trying to mend my heart. I was almost successful on doing so, until we moved.

In Manhattan, KS every thing was going fine. I was finally getting good grades and had a well paying job and everything. Until my dad found a job doing the same thing he was doing in Manhattan, the only difference being how much he was getting paid. So the only reason we moved, was because my dad is getting more money, the only problem is that he has a fixed salary. The funny thing is that what happened there is happening here too. They won’t let him do his job he is entitled to do. It’s been really hard for my friends to adjust to the move as well. The only one who has really been keeping touch with me ever since then has been Raven (aka- Megan)… she really understands me and has helped me through the ruff times, these past few months. I’ve been there for her too. So it is like a win-win situation.