Kelsi - Jesup, Iowa

I believe in Graduating

I get up at 6:30 a.m. every weekday morning, Monday through Friday to go to school. Those 180 days out of the year, that every kid dreads, I sit in a classroom zoning out just trying to get through the day. Why? Because I believe in graduating.

It all begins at age five; waking up and going to school everyday. That first day of kindergarten, every little kid is excited and can’t wait, but they don’t know it’s the start of what they’ll become in the future.

Eighth grade year. One of the most important years of school before high school is eighth grade. Getting good grades and not slacking is important, being held back could hold you back a year for getting that high school diploma.

It all begins with freshman year, the most important, but fun years of your life. Freshman year through senior year, alls I do is wait and wish for that day when I’ll never have to go back, graduation day, having a high school diploma in my hand, because I believe in graduating.

I go to school for eight hours a day, just to come home and do homework. Getting good grades is important to me, to pass my classes, and get enough credits to graduate. I try my best in school because I believe in graduating.

After high school I’ll need that high school diploma to succeed. That high school diploma will be the key to my future. That high school diploma will be needed to get into a good college. That high school diploma is getting me one step closer to having a good career and making a good life for myself.