Amanda - Brandon, Iowa

I believe in signs

February 12, 2006. I believe in the signs of life. I believe signs can mean many different things. You sometimes just have to know where to look. I believe signs are meant to give you a insight into life kind of like an advantage to help you get ahead even if you don’t think so. I believe signs can save your life. Give you a sign of hope when life throws you those curve balls. I believe signs are what holds ahead in the future like someone who could be the love of your life with you never knowing it.

One night last year during the summer, my mother and I were driving to Jesup around 10:30 that night we were going about 70mph. It was one of those nights that was dark out so it was a little hard to see. We was just going over the interception up the road a little ways when we started seeing this huge bright light right in front of us. My mother and I look at each other asking one another what we thought it could be. We started to get closer to the light and the light keep getting brighter. Finally deciding that it looks like a combine light since it was harvest season. We then get closer to the light and then the light just disappears. Then all of a sudden the lights of the vehicle shine back on the back of a corn and bean trailer, which had no reflection on the back to be able to see it. My mother then stops just in time a few inches from the trailer.

I believe if it wasn’t for that light, then my mother and I wouldn’t be here today or would be seriously hurt. I believe these signs are either for the better or for the worst. I believe you have to believe in signs to understand them. I believe sometime your not meant to know what your signs mean. I believe a sign is more like a gesture to point your in the right direction when sometimes you need a helping hand or even with out you even knowing it.

I believe signs are like fate, if something is meant to happen it will. I believe are meant to help make life just a little bit easier for you when life’s not working out the way you thought it would.