Diana - S. Dartmouth, Massachusetts
Themes: nature

I believe in the wind that blows through the fields, the sway of the tall grasses as they dance in the morning sun, the sun that shown down on them that beckons them to rise up and grow. I believe in the rain that waters them and washes out the bad and fills the air with the smell of sweet, sweet grass. I believe in my husbands rough hands that work the fields. The skill of those hands as they guide the plow that first broke the soil. I believe in the earth that swallows the seeds that feed all beings. I believe in the strength of those rough hands that drives the tractor and hay the field. I believe in the hot sun that dries his body and feeds his soul with the silence. I believe in the glow of my children’s faces as they watch their father work the field. The excitement as they see the tractor and the proudness to know it is there father that drives such awesome machine. The way they sit on the hay bales and try so hard to help their father load them in a truck. I believe the way their father makes it seem as if they are doing all the work and are so strong. I believe in the gentleness of my husbands’ hands as he rolls in the field with his children. I believe in the laughter that rings out through the gentle evening breeze and the end of the day when they all walk up the field to the house. I believe in the joy of farm life that allows for togetherness in a world that is so full of loneliness. I believe in the soul that is filled through the eyes that are given the beauty of this day to drink it in and become whole again. I believe that a soul can never be to full.