Nguyen - Clarkston, Georgia

Life is a bowl of rules. To live in this life, you have to keep your mouth shut and play the rules. Well do you think anyone cares if you break one of those? One slip up and you are out.

Everyday is a new page with a same content- trying to get along with people. Once I watched The Apprentice show on the television. I realized that you were basically not just intelligent in business and good leader, but also you got to work along with the teammates or you made your own way to the boardroom, faced with “You’re fired” from Mr. Donald Trump. So I suppose you can see the same situation in other fields of careers.

Even as a student, I can see it. When I was in seventh grade, my friend and I got so mad at our homeroom teacher one day. She misconceived and did not try to listen to our explanation. By the end, my friend said sorry to her. However, I could not control my anger. I talked back to her. I brought myself into troubles. I got detention and wrote some hundred sentences about not to be “disrespectful” to teacher, which I was not.

Don’t misunderstand me! I do not mean that you cannot give opinions. What I am saying is that if you choose to speak up your opinions, you must question yourself first, “Am I in good shape?” or “Is it the right time to opine?” “Can these opinions do good things for me or can they just make things worse?”

That is the reason I believe in my dark corner. It is a place where I can close my eyes and analyze the issues. It is a place where I can collect all the problems and choose the best way to solve them. It is a place where I can fly in the wind of music without be interrupted by other’s voices. It is my best friend. I believe there is no such a thing as betrayal, dictatorship, or the likes. Instead, it is a quiet space and seems to understand the real me.

I believe that if anyone has his or her own dark corner, the amount of violence in the world can be decreased.