Noah - San Luis Obispo, California

Two Hours Just isn’t Enough

Homework, quizzes, midterms, finals these are just the everyday worries of a college student. Everyday there is so much work to be done, and the stress level is through the roof, and it seems like there is nothing you can do to get through the week. Studying can take a toll on a student. If a full load of classes is taken then a student can expect to sometimes have to read up to 150 pages a night, and that’s not to mention that actual homework problems. Homework sometimes can take up 4 to 5 hours to complete and at times is absolutely miserable, and that’s not even mentioning when midterms are in full affect. When this happens students find themselves up all night studying for the test and still having to finish that tedious homework assignment. Its a lot of work, it takes up almost the whole day, and is very stressful.

I personally have a solution to get through this horrid work regiment and that is to have FUN. I believe that everyone should have a minimum of two hours of fun per day. Sure with all the work there is to do it doesn’t seem like there is enough hours in the day, but there is always time for fun. Having fun is in my opinion the most important thing in life. If I didn’t have any fun I can go through life and get good grades in school, have the corporate job, and make good money, but if I didn’t have fun doing it then you would probably lead a very boring life. I more than likely would go through college without meeting very many people, and more than likely just keeping to myself. I am not taking about just any fun either, this fun should be something that involves interaction with other people not just sitting in front of a television or a computer. FUN to me is going out with your friends on a random night of the week and just kicking back and not worrying about all the stress that life has to offer. Whether it be going out to dinner or just hanging out at a friends house, as long as two hours a day are spent on social interaction on something other than school, I would consider it fun. Now I am not saying to forget about school and that school is not important, because that is far from the truth. What I am saying school is very important and the key to being successful, however great success is only achieved if you have a strong personality, and a strong personality is only achieved through having fun. I believe in having fun because it is the only way to get through life, and be a great success.