Francesca - San Luis Obispo, California

I believe in passion. My parents always told me that I could do anything I wanted in life if I put my heart into it. Every young child has a dream. As a little girl, my dream was to become a professional ballerina, a typical dream for a young girl. In response, to chase this dream, I exerted much work participating in dance classes with dedication and discipline.

As time passed, my dreams have changed like expected, but they all have a universal ground of success. I dream big and look forward to consider myself as a successful person in the long run, but on an everyday basis, I feel I reach success. As the normal busy college student with classes, homework, friends, family, extracurricular activities, and much more constantly boggling my mind, I can say that I am successful in keeping everything balanced while enjoying what work has been set out for me to be completed. With different day-by-day tasks on my list, I have a “must” to fulfill them. I feel a sense of satisfaction when I have fully accomplished the responsibility and can cross them off. These short-time successes affect the long-time success which will soon be my future. My dreams will be my success whether it being getting married, having children, obtaining my dream job as a news reporter, or, for now, graduating from college.

Although success is what I strive for, it does not matter. What does matter is how I succeed. I may dream of success, but God has given me passion as my guidance and motivation. My heart and soul is full of a powerful, incredible emotion to make my dreams become a reality. One way I convey my passion in life is through dance. Dance is an art where I can use my body to portray the emotions I feel. My passion for the movement allows me to communicate myself to others thus making dance an enjoyment. My soul meets my body.

Passion allows me to keep going and is a keepsake of why I seek success everyday. It is not only about love or an emotion felt, and is not a dating service found online, it is much more. It is held in a person internally. It is a feeling that is indescribable and uncontainable. As an ambitious person self-determination, in my passion, is to seek out what I would like in life to succeed in. The creativity, I build through success, will bring pleasure in the passion I have to get there. It is amazing; the spirituality of God has inspired me through life. He has given me passion, and I believe it is the key to my success in life.