Vanessa - St.paul, Minnesota
Themes: parenthood

Parents should not hit their kids

I believe that parents should not hit there children, especially for stupid reasons. For a example. Your 14 year old child forgot to wake you up to get ready to go to work. First of all you should be responsible to get up for yourself. You should have a alarm clock to do the job for you. Your 14 year old child has their own life too. They might be trying to get caught up with their homework, or cleaning up there room, or even doing some last minute chores. Then when the parent wakes up, mad and grump, starts to yell at their child for not waking them up. Starts to get in their faces, screaming and yelling. Your child stands there sucking up the fears and tears, while you stand there yelling at her/him. Next thing leads to another, BOOM your child is on the floor crying of confusion holding their hand on their face. Thinking why is he/she is making such a big deal of just of a mistake?

The parent thinks that the child had learn a lesson. If you could put yourself into your child shoes, do you think that they would be thinking of that they learn a lesson? No, they would be thinking, why did he/she did that? This actually scars their childhood. Parents always say, when I was a kid, I always got hit for that. But now its your chance to change everything that happened to your childhood. You can make your own decision and start to give your kids the childhood that you always wanted.

Mental abuse can be as strong enough to physical abuse. It can still mess up the brain system in your child’s head. Threaten your child can really be scary thing in life. They would have to worry about if it is going to happened what of they said, or if they are just saying it just to scare them. They would be thinking about the five W’s. Who, when, where, how, and why. especially hitting your child is not except able. You can really leave some damages. You may hit them to hard, that next thing you know it, you are throwing flowers in the big hole, where your child would be laying in dead with.

For me in the end, I have experience about this whole thing too. I know that I can make it threw life. I follow a different path then anyone else does. I make my own paths. In the end, I am stronger then I ever imagine I could be. Even though I am 14, I still have plenty to go threw. I have more ways for finding solutions. I know what to do, but they still say, “ Vanessa you are to young to handle this kind of drama”. I tell them its life, and you need to have a voice to stand up what you believe in. I tell them, I believe parents should not hit their kids.