Nicholas - White Bear Lake, Minnesota
Themes: Christianity

The words believe, belief and believer have all had a separate meaning for me. They’ve been trigger words, words that would remind me of a person, thing, place, or feeling. For example, a believer isn’t only the meaning everyone else thinks; one who believes in something. No, Believer was a title. A Believer is someone that got Saved, Saved is also trigger word. If you’re Saved you Believe in the same things I do. But saved from what and what do I believe?

First, you are Saved from going to Hell after you die. Saved from the penalty of sin, which is Death, Death being the separation from God for all eternity. You are Saved from being condemned to an eternity in the Lake of Fire.

Verily, Verily I say unto you, He that heareth my word and believeth on him that sent me hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death into life. John 5:24 King James Bible

Again what is it that I Believe? I Believe that Jesus Christ, the only son of God, died on the cross for the sins of me and the entire world. He was then buried and rose again three days later. How do I know this? It says so in the Bible.

For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins, according to the scriptures;

And that he was buried, and rose again the third day according to the scriptures: I Corinthians 15:3, 4 King James Bible

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16 King James Bible

“Whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” That’s all anyone has to do is Believe that Jesus Christ died on the cross for your sins and was buried and rose again. It’s the simple gift that God gave graciously to the world, the gift of completely forgiving them of all their sins.

When I became a Believer I was 6 years old. I was coming back from up north, Virginia, MN, and there was a terrible storm. My mom was driving because my dad couldn’t come. It was raining so hard that it was flooding in parts of the road and I couldn’t even see through the windows. At the time I thought that I was going to die. Thinking of death made me think where I would go, Heaven or Hell. I’d been brought up knowing all about how to get saved but I never fully understood or made the personal choice to completely place my faith in Jesus. By placing your faith in Christ’s finished work on the cross you are assured a place in Heaven when you die. It’s so easy, with something as simple as Believing. No ritual, no ceremony, and definitely no works involved.

It’s just Faith.