Keleigh - Westland, Michigan
Themes: love

Call me Cinderella because I have my very own Prince Charming. He rode up on a white stallion and rescued me from an evil villain. Because of him, I believe in true love.

Before we started dating, I was dating my high school sweetheart on and off for six years. It took me a while but eventually I realized this wasn’t the life I dreamed of. I knew I wanted more, a deeper, stronger love. After countless hours of thinking and crying, I finally resolved to end that relationship, and my life changed more than I ever knew it could.

I started hanging out with two guy friends from work – the first guy friends I had in a long time. We always had a lot of fun together, just sitting around playing cards or watching movies. After a movie night wound up with Nick and me falling asleep together on the floor, I could no longer deny that I had a crush – a crush that started developing long before I knew it, before I even broke up with my last boyfriend. It was new to me, to have a crush instead of a boyfriend. In high school I jumped from boyfriend to boyfriend. This was the first time I was crushing on a guy who was already my friend. I had no idea what to do next.

I didn’t tell him how I felt, but I’m the type of girl who wears her heart on her sleeve. If I like someone, he knows it, whether I want him to or not. I flirt naturally, but only with guys I like, and I don’t even realize I’m doing it. I have no control over how I express my emotions. I had been flirting with Nick long before I knew it. Every time he came into work I had a stupid, uncontrollable grin on my face. After the night I realized I had a crush, we continued hanging out and flirting, trying to act natural. One night, we went out to a club with another friend. To my pleasant surprise, he kissed me. Life has been a fairytale ever since.

He knows my thoughts before I say them. He knows exactly what to say to make me melt. He knows how to look at me and make me blush. He is a dream come true, a dream I thought only existed in fairytales. We think we’re the type of couple that makes other people sick, but we love every moment of it.

Nick has changed my outlook on life. He is proof that dreams can come true, that people do live happily ever after. He is my Knight in Shining Armor, my Prince Charming. And I believe in true love.