Ronald - Calhoun, Georgia

No one ever said that cliche phrases were never true. Thanks to a certain phrase, I am scarred for life, or for the time being, largely in part of my costly actions during my “innocent” childhood. I am now forced to believe this certain phrase I talk of. It’s certainly true that “what goes around comes around.”

This whole fiasco started about 10 years ago. I was, unknown to most, a pretty normal child. At this time, my then 17-year-old sister was also living with me, and she was a pretty normal chubby sister. Something just went off inside of me. I felt I now had a purpose on this earth. From that point on, I was on a mission to break down my sister to the point of tears. My plan was simple, unload a fierce barrage of words about her rapidly increasing girth.

The weeks that followed consisted of perpetual verbal attacks, destroying her wall of self-esteem with my wrecking ball-like insults. I could just see her eyes about to let loose a flood of tears. I kept going about how her stomach looked absolutely disgusting and would never garner any male attention. Completely unknown obesity expert Morgan Downey is right; it does cost you your life to be overweight. especially to an already nonexistent socal life.

Two years later, i’m the skinnest I have ever been and that just gives me a better reason to make fun of my sister. My age had allowed me to create larger insults larger than my sibling had gotten. Although she has proven me wrong at the aspect of gaining a male companion, I take my mission to a new level and decide to expose the truth of her extreme waistline to her precious little boyfriend. The tactic worked successfully and put her into an early adulthood depression (ok, i’m exaggerating this bit, but she didn’t feel too good). I have a certain sense of accomplishment for driving my sister to her bedroom and making her listen to Nirvana for hours straight, just to sit in her sorrows. I mistakenly think i’m untouchable, but that’s where the obvious downfall comes into my tale.

The years have passed and my borderline obese sister has moved out. I think that my purpose was fulfilled to drive out my sister and leave her a moody, Cure loving, “you don’t know how much I hurt” type of person, but she didn’t for some reason. The worst was for me. In the years leading up to now, I started taking an interest in Little Debbie snack cakes. They were just irresistible and my inner fat-boy was calling for me to take a bite. You know what? I did. At the same time my sister began to take an interest in excercising and now I am in the shape that I am now, an exact replica of my sister.

I have felt the wrath of the otherwise harmless phrase. I still have that liking for Little Debbie’s, too. I knew what I did was wrong and it has left me with this utterly useless mess that is my stomach. Just follow my advice, completely ignore everything I have just said and never do that to any of your siblings, because “what goes around truly comes around.”