mary - new bedford, Massachusetts

This I believe, I believe I have to push on!

Throughout my life I have been faced with many challenges. Almost as a test, I think. To see if I’ll brush myself off and push on. When I was 28, I had a devestating injury that took years to fix. I was confused and not sure if I should fight on or give up. I pushed on with the help of my mother. Several years later, I married and decided to start a family. Considering my previous injuries, there was some uncertainty in my decision. But I pushed on. I was pregnant and doing well. I thought my pushing on was coming to fruition. I pushed on. In my sixth month, Dad was diagnosed with cancer, Mom needed surgery too. Dad did ok and I pushed on. About to deliver my daughter, Mom went in for her surgery. To my great sadness, she was called home to heaven. I had no choice but to push on. Three weeks later, I delivered my healthy daughter and despite the intense sadness I felt, I pushed on. I will continue to push on because I believe this is what life is about. We have so many blessings in life but so much sadness too. We must push on and appreciate every minute that we are given. Push on!