Carrie - St. Paul, Minnesota

Why I Believe I’m Strong

In my fifteen years I have grown a lot, I believe I am a strong person. I know who I am and I stand up for what I believe in. I have taken a lot of criticism from people and I know how to take it in a good way whatever the meaning may be.

I have friends and family that love me and care for me; they all have had a big part in my life. I know they will always have my back in matter what, they help me in being a stronger person. I can talk out my problems and I know they can try and help me solve them. They all mean the world to me. And at the end of the day they have all had a part in helping me be a stronger person.

To me if I have a problem it is usually a big one. But I know that even if I have a problem it can always be fixed, and it helps me become a better person. I like living and I like not knowing what is going to happen next in my life because I know I will be able to get through it. All of my problems and all the drama of ninth grade are making me into a stronger person. I don’t know what my future will bring, but I know I can get through it I just need to believe.

I’ve had to deal with so much in my life. Sometimes it’s hard to look back and say that I’m ok now. Things including my aunt, my great grandfather, a close family friend, and my good friend dying. My brothers were getting involved with some bad people. And both of them getting into drugs. My family having finical problems and them blaming me for it.

I am only fifteen years old and already I’ve hung out with the wrong people. I was in and out of trouble because of them and doing all different drugs to get out of my life. Finding the easy way out. I was on the streets at night getting into fights with anyone. But my life all changed. I now believe I am strong and that helped me believe that wasn’t my life. I got myself out of all that mess and although it’s still hard till this day I know I’m better where I am. I am in a good life now a much stronger one.

On one hand I am my own person, and I know I hold my own life in my hands and I know I’m independent and strong. On the other hand sometimes I know I need help getting through the though days. But even though I might need help sometimes it’s just making me stronger. I know I can make it in this world. I know I will make it if I believe I am strong.