Andrew - Atlanta, Georgia
Themes: hope

Never have I been a pacifist; neither have I ever been an advocate of violence. Rather I’m a believer. A believer of hope, of ambition, and of survival. I believe in fighting. Not necessarily the fight in the ring you see on TV or the struggle over in the Middle East, but the fire that burns within your soul. Glowing brightly, but softly. Waiting for the right moment to be unleashed in your system filling your body with a raging passion to live, believe, and make your own stake in life.

I believe in fighting for what is right. Fighting for what you believe in. I believe that there is no bad idea as long as there is moral principle and a will to fight behind it. I believe that every man, woman, and child is a fighter: heroes in their own way.

I believe that all people are fighters, but some do not know about their gift. A fighter is somebody who is strong willed, never backing down, breaking, or wasting away. Fighters are survivors, but not necessarily winners. Fighters are those who try.

Whenever I think of the soldiers in Iraq or homeless people on the cold unhappy streets. I think of fighters. People who risk their life for our nation or even those that try to survive no matter the unhappy odds. Those people are fighters. People with principle, who have figured out what it means to try and fail and then try again to succeed.

I believe that fighters are the key to the world, a key to our survival. Fighters contribute to the world by carrying on when nobody cares to assist them. Fighters are the brave men and women who police the street, prosecute criminals, and secure the safety of our nation.

If I ever need an inspiration to fight I think of my mom. Since the 8th grade my mother has had brain damage from an aneurysm. Everyday I come home to a mother, who used to cook well, teach, travel, read, and do many other things. She wakes up everyday, unable to accomplish anything very well, but she tries to do them nonetheless. My mother fights; she is a fighter. Everyday I see her strive to regain what was lost and it makes me believe in fighting.

I believe the will to fight is in all of us. A flame left unattended to burn out unless kindled. I believe that if you do not fight then you have done yourself an injustice, showing that you do not care to exist, that you do not care at all.

Fighters are my role models and there are none better to follow. I strive to be a fighter. To better myself, to climb every mountain put in my way, to see the world through a fighter’s eye, to live an outstanding life: that is what I plan to do.

I believe that the world would be a boring place without fighters. A world of black and white, instead of every color in the spectrum brightly shining for all to see. Fighters make the world move, they make it turn daily in many different ways. I believe that everyone should fan the fighting flame forward, for if the flame is left unattended, there will be nothing left, but darkness.