Quinnell - Sierra Vista, Arizona

This I believe essay

I believe that our justice system is full of dirty, lazy cops.

I am a completely different person since January 6, 2007. That is the day my friend was shot and murdered. Shot, and murdered, but not a damn thing is being done about his case. Our law enforcement and justice system reminds me of being in Mexico. While In Mexico, I remember coming back from a club, and out of nowhere, I was pulled over. Even though my friend and I was not drinking or speeding, we were still stopped. It may not sound believable but, I had to pay (key word bribed) the cop to let my friend and I go.

It sounds crazy but that how some law enforcements do business in Sierra Vista. Just last year while getting off work, I was heading to my brothers house in Herford. This was another time I was stopped, not because I was speeding, but because the officer thought I was my brother. Therefore, the officer could score some free Mary Jane.

The cops know who murdered my friend, but they let to suspect go free. I admit they were doing their job at first but it just seems like they got lazy. I have been to the station day after day since January 6, to see if they have any new information or evidence on his case. Every time I go back to the station, it is always a different excuse. Every time I talk to the detective, it is always a different story. The reason why I believe why it is always a different story or excuse is that our law enforcement is dirty and lazy.

I cannot help the way I feel about our law enforcement and justice system, but how else are you going to explain my friend’s case being completely dropped. It is because I believe our justice system and law enforcement is dirty and lazy. So many witnesses at the scene, but the suspect go free. Afterwards they had the nerve to tell my friend’s family and me that there was not enough evidence. There is not enough evidence, because I believe their not out their trying to look for proof.

My essay may be full of hatred, but you see there is a reason for it. If our law enforcement would only do their job better and harder, I probably would not hate them as much. If our justice system was not so lazy trying to drop every case, so they can make to lunch in time. I probably would not hate them. To all you lawyers and police officers you know what I am talking about. Just because I do not name you in my essay, you know who you are. This is why I believe our justice system and law enforcement is full of dirty and lazy cops and lawyers.