Danielle - Phoenix, Arizona
Themes: Christianity

How do I know the difference from right and wrong? How am I supposed to behave? If everything is relative in today’s society, then whose reality is real? If it is always: ‘to each their own’, then how do I know if my behavior is appropriate from one minute to the next; from one person to the next; from one situation to the next? What is my purpose? Does my purpose matter? Am I only here by chance? What is the point in toiling away, of sweating, of crying, of loving, of making choices, or of going through extreme hardships in life, if there is no real meaning to my time spent here on this earth? Life is great, but it’s not necessarily easy. And I just can’t fathom going through all we go through, even as spoiled as we Americans are, only to die and then be put in the ground. I do not see any point to life in that.

I believe in God. I believe He is my creator and that he has lovingly shared the absolute truth with all of mankind. I believe each life has meaning and that we are all here on purpose, for a purpose. I believe in morals and values that are right for all people, in all places, at all times. I believe in one reality where actions are either right or wrong. I believe in absolute truth in which all people are able to depend on and can measure their actions and lives up to for guidance. ‘Absolute Truth’ comes from our creator who created us with a purpose; a purpose greater than ourselves.

With everything around us that is so uncertain, it is a breath of fresh air to be able to rest in something that isn’t blown around by the wind. I know that with God, what is right today will be right tomorrow and the next day and the next day and the next. It is comforting to not have to keep up with the latest public opinion. Public opinion is constantly changing anyway, so what is the point? It is nice not having to wonder if what I am doing is the right or wrong thing. It has been spelled out for me and when I take it and properly apply it, it works every time. I have an instruction manual on life, on being a wife, a mother, a daughter, an employee, on all the things that matter most in life; a book that spells out absolute truth. That book is called the Bible.

My life here on earth is short. It is a blessing to believe in the Lord’s absolute truth. I don’t have to waste my time wondering whose opinion of right or wrong is the correct one. All I have to do is open my Bible for the real answer. I do not have any doubts on how I am to behave. I know that I am not here by chance and that I have a purpose. I know that I matter. So even though life isn’t always easy, I do know that it is always valuable. My life is valuable because my time spent here on Earth is a dress rehearsal for eternity. I have peace in the storm because I have absolute truth to guide me all the days of my life and then some.