Dana - Las Vegas, Nevada
Themes: hope

Did you feel it? The earth may have just changed polarity today. My first grandchild was born and I want to see the world through her bright, clean eyes. I’ve seen, read, and heard plenty. Fear, misery, and uncertainty are surely sitting heavy on the earth but hovering over all that sludge is the aura of HOPE.

Through new eyes we can see new ideas, new opportunities, new resolutions to old problems. Through new hearts we can overcome bitterness or hate, maybe even predudice and racism. Through new minds we can create new tools, new industries, new leaders that can help all of us out of the mire that we feel sucked into.

Did Abraham Lincoln’s mother sense his greatness when she first saw him? What good is an infant,… an age old question but for my grandbaby and the future, I anticipate the world to spin on it’s axis and the melding of new minds, new ideas, new inventions will make her world a better place than what she inherited.

Even today I believe my children have more opportunity, more information, more knowledge and awareness than was available in my youth. There is also more pollution, more corruption, more war and misery in the world. My children and grandchildren may not have caused or even greatly contributed to these ills, but I believe they can have an impact on resolving them. It’s that very access to information, opportunity, and knowledge that makes them so ripe for changing the world they inherited.

Sometimes I feel like a dinosaur left in the tarpit when it comes to technology and the media’s version of being up to date on world events. There seems to be an absorbtion factor going on in my brain that has reached it’s capacity and I am slower about drawing it all in.

My granddaughter inherits all the accumulated wisdom and information of previous generations. She inherits the tools and keys to use all that. Her fresh mind is new, ready to absorb, glean and process all of that. It is her and her peers that can take what we gave, good and bad and re-mold it into something beautiful. I choose to see the world through new eyes because in her infant uselessness, I see her as the greatest gift , deserving the greatest love, worthy of the greatest HOPE.