Michael - Nashville, Tennessee

I believe human nature is to be cherished. I strive to see the good in all people.

I will take action to protect our environment for those who inherit it now and will inherit it in the future. I will recycle, burn less energy, compost and be mindful of energy efficiency in my home. I will strive to educate others and push my government for a more respectful earth friendly environment.

I seek to discover the spiritual in nature and humanity. I seek within myself and others for love, compassion, forgiveness and hope. I understand what many call God to be an internal force that is within and as a life-force rather than a personal being.

I see God as action. God feeds the hungry, clothes the naked, shelters the poor and protects the environment. God heals and comforts the sick, stops the wars, resolves conflicts, frees the oppressed, shares the wealth, lifts the downtrodden, and serves humanity.

I believe Salvation is for now. Salvation is my being at peace with self, neighbor and nature.

I have a moral responsibility to take action in politics and support the candidate that is closest viewed with my beliefs. It is my democracy in action.

My belief is with you in community. Together we are strong. Together we offer and tend to our concerns, needs and actions. Together we can bring positive change in a world that often uses God – Religion to destroy, divide and hate. Together we can be a force in our community that offers unity, peace, joy, love, freedom, harmony, justice, light, compassion and hope. Margaret Meade stated, “Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it’s the only thing that ever has.” Margaret Mead

I will strive to keep my beliefs moral and active. I will stand up for my principals and defend my beliefs. I will remain open to various dialogue, research and scientific findings to alter my beliefs in the future. I will live my life intensely as possible. How I act is of greater consequence and value than what I believe.