Marlissa - Benson, Arizona

This I Believe…

I remember when I was sitting in class, 6th grade math class to be exact. When, I was paged over the intercom to come to the office. I got up and went out the door then headed down the hall. When I saw my mom I expected bad news because my mother never came to my school. As I approached her she had tears in her eyes and she said, “The World Trade Center, in New York, has just been struck by a plane.” I went into my own little world, I was in shock. Then she said, “They think the people who struck the towers are terrorist.”

We went to get my little brother and sister, then went straight home. My grandparents were already there watching the television. My grandfather said, “They hit the second one.” As I sat and watched the television, I listened to my elders talk. From what they were saying we were going to go to war. Sure enough in the next hour or so after the towers had collapsed the President was on television saying how we were going to war.

That was oh only about 5 years ago and we are still at war. I believe since we have found Sadam Hussien and gave him the proper punishment he deserved; we should be done but yet we are still sending our troops to the Middle East.

Why? I think is a good question. According to President Bush, we need to send more of our troops over seas to try and control the violence in the Middle East. When really to me I don’t see that the violence in the Middle East is our problem.

I believe that we have actually completed this war by punishing those who are guilty for the sadness, despair, and the loss of lives on September 11, 2001. From President Bush sending our love ones over seas when our war is over is actually creating more stress and violence for everyone, but really for the Middle East. We keep sending troops over and losing them from car bombs and other ridiculous things. I believe we should just stop sending our troop to the Middle East. It seems to just be a cycle of life for us now and it should end.