Sheridan - Norman, Oklahoma
Themes: carpe diem

This I believe…

“ Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. “ Mark Twain.

I believe in living in the day. When I think about life I think about what is going to make me happy. When I look back I want to know that I took advantage of every opportunity to live my life to the fullest. I don’t want to wake up and think man I wish I would have had more fun or laughed a little more. I think that as Americans we are afraid of death and it is more about quantity than quality. I am here to say that I want to be able to look back and laugh, not regret all the things I passed up. I know that it doesn’t matter if you had 0 absences in high school or followed every rule exactly as it was supposed to be. What matters is that time when you and your best friends decided that it would be a good idea to jump into the neighbor’s pool in the middle of December, naked…. Man was my mom mad. I can also say that as a swimmer during high school and I can’t tell you my best lap time to save my life, however I can tell you about the time when a couple of us decided icing and cookie dough was an acceptable snack for a competition, I can also tell you that our coach did not agree in the least. Life is not about all the awards, ribbons, and trophies; it is about all the little moments. All in all, I know I am blessed and I will be able to live my life to the fullest. I mean come on, I have wonderful family and friends, I go to arguably the best university on earth, and I have practically my entire life ahead of me. I know that there are others who are less fortunate than I am but I still believe that anyone is capable of living the life they we given to the fullest. I know that I am taking advantage of it. I hope you are too.