Stephanie - Duncan, Oklahoma
Themes: birth

I believe in life. It’s really that simple. I believe I’m living right now and that I will continue to live after my physical body dies here on earth. But it’s much deeper than that. I believe that every person on this planet should have a fair opportunity at both.

I was raised in a Christian household but my parents gave me the choice to decide for myself whether I wanted to follow them in joining the Baptist Church. After several years of trying different religions and lifestyles and after receiving influence from a variety of people, I found myself on my knees in my home church looking for answers. At this point, I’d experienced death in many forms: my grandmother died unexpectedly, a friend was killed, and classmates were having abortions. Under circumstances like these, I began to reevaluate my beliefs and found that nothing in this life is fair. I then wanted to do all I could to help. After finding salvation and reassurance of eternity in Jesus Christ, I devoted my life to sharing my experiences and ensuring that others have a fair chance to live. My summers are spent in foreign countries building homes and supplying basic medical needs for the homeless, and spreading Christ’s love to those who haven’t heard. My school year is consumed with growth. I want to fully educate and prepare myself to face the cynics and trials that are guaranteed to stand in my way. As a pro-life Christian in a country that is based on freedom and choice, my ideas are normally unwelcome. It’s really tough to be told that everything I believe and stand for is politically incorrect or a bunch of lies. In the years to come, I hope that I can save the lives of unborn children in Norman, OK or across the world and that I will have supplied the basic needs for survival for families in Mexico, Africa, and Asia. Physical life is my focus for now. If I can give someone a few extra years to live, the chance will arise later when I, or someone else, can tell them about life in eternity after death.