Jessica - Geronimo, Oklahoma
Themes: carpe diem

I believe every day should be a good day to die. By this I mean that I always try to make sure everything is squared away at every moment leaving nothing unsure, unsaid, or unfinished. Having a philosophy like this keeps me satisfied every second with where I am in my life. Constant fulfillment with no regrets makes life unbelievably enjoyable beyond description. The way that I came to the conclusion of this way of life all started when I was a little girl. One reason I know it would be alright if I died at any second is because of my religious beliefs. I am a strong Christian and I know that I am set to go to heaven, a much better place, as soon as I die. Another reason for my emancipation of deaths strong hold is because I was brought up in a very free-hearted home. My family has always been very brave and outgoing; they would never pass up an opportunity to live life at its fullest. Also, my parents never let anything go unsaid if needed be. We would have family talk times to resolve conflict. These talks always included a rubber duck, and whoever held the duck was the only person allowed to talk at that time. We also were free from death by conquering the scariest activities. All of my siblings and I have been skydiving and scuba diving. I never experience fear while jumping out of airplanes or diving down one hundred feet with an ocean of water crushing down on me, because I know that if I do die everything is right in my life. I try to never let an opportunity pass me up out of fear of regret, no matter the consequences. There is something miraculous to be said about courageous living without apprehension; it provides a liberation that has to be the only true way to live life to its fullest. Without this philosophy my life would be mundane and in a constant doubt of, “What if I died today? I’m not ready.” Being able to live without that worry has helped me enjoy a more exciting and rewarding life… the life I still lead today.