Michael - Bluefield, West Virginia

I believe that our place in the universe can be understood only through a convergence of sources—eastern, western, scientific, artistic, theological, mystical, and so forth. I believe in the struggle of consciousness and that all matter and energy form an interconnected cosmological unity that is conscious of itself in everything. I believe that in the beginning was the Word—a sort of primordial, undifferentiated consciousness imbued with language and thus our minds, shaped by language, contain the ontological categories of the universe. I believe that the secret of creation lies in waves, strings, resonances and harmonies—a ubiquitous source of energy connecting now with eternity. I believe in chi. I believe that God rolls dice and that uncertainty, difference, and “play” are fundamental qualities of life. I believe that the differentiation between negative and positive, nothing and something, and ones and zeros is metaphysically the same thing, and that the interplay between them creates meaning. I believe we exist in an infinite universe that is affected positively or negatively by everything we do. I believe in the Golden Rule, the power of prayer and in the eternality of love. I believe in leading a life that one would will to live again and again, forever.