Rachel - Norman, Oklahoma

I believe in singing like no one’s listening.

Someone once said, “Most of us go to our grave with our music still inside of us.” This is devastating to me. Singing magnifies life, and if ones song is never heard, I believe that this is what it means to truly die. God made me as an unwritten score, and it is my duty to write my own song and sing it like no one’s listening.

There has never been a day where I haven’t broken out in song. I love music, I love singing, and I love to praise God. What better way to satisfy these desires than belting out a good tune. I don’t remember a particular moment in my life when this joy of song was born; for before I could even speak, I was humming hymns and Sunday school ditties I had heard in church. My life is truly a constant musical, and I am always looking for someone to share the stage with. I love when another’s’ voice is heard. I love to watch someone open up, let go, and sing their song. I believe that is what it means to live. Through song, I have been able to express my emotions, and spread God’s word, when words just haven’t been enough. I have traveled around the world through singing, and I believe there isn’t anywhere music can’t take me. I believe in loving life, letting go, living, and listening to the music around me. Each individual song makes this world unique, it makes this world beautiful.

This I believe, sing your song like no one’s listening. Let the everlasting echo of your song be heard, and through this, you will never die.