Amanda - Norman, Oklahoma
Themes: carpe diem

My beliefs are very simple. There is not much to them, simplicity at its best. I strongly believe that everyone is on this earth for a reason. We all have our time to go. That time is not always up to us and we will never exactly know, but there is a time. Until that time, it is each person’s responsibility to make the best of their life and live each day as if it were their last. “Live life to the fullest.” How many people actually live by this? I would say not many.

Many of us have probably encountered a life-changing experience that has changed our outlook on life, for me it was a simple car accident. It was a typical day; I was enjoying the afternoon with some friends at lunch. It had been raining throughout the day so naturally the roads became slippery. The road back to our houses consisted of many winding roads. As we came upon these roads, there was a truck coming in the opposite direction. On one of the sharp curves, the truck lost control and hit us head on. Our car spun a 180 and wound up in a ditch. All three of us blacked out and had to be transported by ambulance to the hospital. The accident was pretty severe and we were told we wouldn’t have made it if we would not have been wearing our seatbelts.

That day, I didn’t tell my family where I was going. They were all at work or in school, so I just ran off with my friends. My family immediately raced to the hospital the second I arrived. The thought of not saying goodbye to them or saying any last words to them frightened me. Every since then I haven’t hesitated to telling my family and friends how I feel about them. The accident really woke me up and made me realize not to take anything for granted. Every since that day I have desired to “live life to the fullest”. We are all here for a reason and we all need to take advantage of the time we have here. We never know what day will be our last, so why not make the most of every day?