Timothy - Hereford, Arizona

When you buy a car how much are the dealers actually telling you about the cars history? Spending all the money, you would think the car dealerships would be honest. Well it is far from the truth. Car dealers lie for a main reason and that is to sell cars. Just two of the things they lie about are new/used cars and gas mileage. Not only the car companies that are involved in this scheme it is also the federal government.

The federal government is not only aware of this deceit but they provide resources for this. The federal government provides testing facilities for the car companies to test the car mileage for their cars. What is so bad about that you ask? These facilities are not a track in which they drive around with one gallon of gas to test the gas mileage. They put the cars in a building and start the car moving on rollers. The rollers do not give an actual simulation of what it would be like driving on a track. There is no resistance from the wind, body design, asphalt, and tires. Without the resistance, it drastically increases the gas mileage. Car companies do this for one simple reason, to save money on taxes. The government charges the car companies taxes for every car they have on their lot.

Ever buy a car that has 2000 miles on it but it is still has sticker price? Car companies use the cars as their business cars driving to-and-from work ever day. Once someone not with the car dealership purchases a car, it looses 30 percent as soon as driven off the lot. This is fraud, you are buying a new car, and you are paying full sticker price for a used car. If the car dealer takes the car off the lot they should have to sell it for a used car price.