Marie - Norman, Oklahoma
Themes: Christianity

I believe in Jehovah God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. I believe in Jesus the Christ, His Son who is Himself God, and I believe in God’s Holy Spirit who is God. I believe in no other god but God, the only true God, the Living God, Almighty God. In Him, and Him alone, I believe. He is my Father, my Brother, and my Beloved Guide. He is my friend, my advocate, and my home. He makes me less afraid of life and even lesser still, afraid of death. He loves me with a love I cannot comprehend, and more often than not, I do not really grasp. He looks out for me, watches over me, and protects me (no I’m not being redundant). He cares for me, provides for me, and looks out for my best interest. He takes my bad situations and brings beauty out of them. He is my God, and He’s very good at it.

Jehovah God is good and He is real. He is not distant nor is He aloof. And on top of all that, He likes me.

I remember that time when my sisters were bugging me. We had a religious program we were putting on, and I was responsible for getting the outfits we would wear. I had been looking everywhere for the right outfit, but I hadn’t found it yet, and my sisters were getting impatient with me. So I pulled into the parking lot of some store, maybe Ross, or Target, and I asked God to tell my sisters to stop harassing me. Soon after, my elder sister said God told her that she and my other sister should cut me some slack. It was cool, and really reinforced my belief that God listens to me, and He likes me.

I remember the other time when God came to visit me. He’s visited me a few of times, but this instance, I was foretold that I should be expecting His manifested presence on one particular evening. However, in my foolishness, fear and doubt, I didn’t keep my appointment. Nevertheless, in His infinite mercy God came back to visit me two weeks or so later. I woke up one glorious morning to find Jesus and two Angels (one on either side of him), standing in the middle of my bed. In that very moment, I felt excessive joy and happiness like nothing human or earthly. My God came to visit me, and not only that, he manifested Himself so I could see. See, I told you He liked me.

There have been and continue to be many more supernatural encounters that serve to strengthen my belief in God. To me, God is not a mighty title given to some distant deity. Nor, is God a job description I invented for some Santa-Clause-like entity. God is who God is. He is real, He is good, He is God. God is God—this I believe.