Austin - Louisville, Kentucky
Themes: tolerance

Duct Tape has been around for awhile. Duct tape is growing in popularity, not because of its many uses, but because of the power it contains.

I believe Duct tape can fix everything from fixing air ducts, its original purpose, to fixing relationships. I believe that someday there will be peace on earth due to Duct tape. I believe that someday Duct tape could be part of fixing major problems like world peace.

Ever since I went camping for the first time when I was in the 5th grade, I have been impressed with a tape called Duct. My only mistake at that age was I called it “Duck,” like the bird. Many people still do. The first time I went camping was one of the worse times I have ever experienced. I remember that night as clear as crystal. Our tent poles bowed and snapped during a fierce storm in the night. The tent then flooded because the poles poked holes into the tent floor. The positive thing about that night was that we had a roll of Duct tape to fix all of the poles and holes in the tent and stopped the water from leaking through. After that night my life changed forever. Since then, I have not gone anywhere without Duct tape.

I love the sound the tape makes when it rips away from the roll. That sound can not be reproduced by anything else. Duct tape has that unique smell of different chemical compounds. When you think of Duct tape you think of a glowing, silvery, sticky strip of tape and due to its popular demand, numerous colors are available.

I have also learned some cool tricks using this mystical tape like making wallets, purses, backpacks, T-shirts, and even I-pod holders I can make anything you want. I will keep putting my trust into Duct tape unless it fails me, which I am sure never will.

I believe that Duct tape rolls are like different countries. We are all different colors, but we are all made the same. Some Duct tape rolls are big, and some are small. We all might be from different places, but we all can move, express ourselves, and think for ourselves. One day we will realize that we are the same and we will “stick together” like Duct tape.