Crystal - Norman, Oklahoma
Themes: love

I believe that Love is what powers my life. What and whom I love and who loves me, is what has shaped me to be the person I have become.

It began when my parents loved and cherished my life. As they showered me with everything they possibly could when I was a new born, I grew up knowing that you love the people you are related to no matter what, its part of life. They loved my brother and me and tried their best to provide the best life for us. That love was shown through their effort to keep me in private school and spending quality time with me. My mother stayed home with me and took care of me. She did not want to put me in a day care and let strangers raise me. She loved me. Dad worked to support us, because he loved us. They taught me about a greater love than humans, a love so strong that it forgave any wrongs and any accidents. This love was God’s love and it was eternal, everlasting, never ending, it was always there. God was who created me, mom, dad, brother, and everyone, and everything. God was our our Father. He held the world in his hands. He loved the world so much that he sent his only Son to earth to show us how much he cared. His Son then lived a life full of power, love, and sacrifice to save all of mankind from their sins.

As I grew up and saw more reality, and understood life a little more, I realized that not everyone is as fortunate as I am when it came to being loved by your family. It was very easy for me, however, to reach out and show love to others. I rooted my high school years into loving others. Each year I was involved in something called WISH Week. In 4 years we raised nearly $45,000 and made the wishes of 4 very deserving local kids come true. WISH Week has defined me as a leader and made me want to be involved with such activities throughout my life. The greatest lesson of all was the love I learned to show to helpless less fortunate children. Through this, I discovered what I want to do with my life. Realizing that I loved every moment of the organization, planning, creating, and directing aspects of WISH Week, I decided that I wanted to be an event coordinator to continue showing love to the unfortunate and helpless.

Love made me who I am. My parents raised me with love, I grew to love God who loves me unconditionally on any circumstances, and then I took what I love to be what I wanted to do with my life. Love what you do, and do what you love. Love is my belief. Love is my life. I follow what I love.