Raquel - Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Themes: Christianity

I believe in God. I don’t just believe there is a God, but I also believe in him. God has been here for me in very rough times as well as very beautiful times. When I ask for something that almost seems impossible, he answers. He has given me much more than I ask for.

When I was younger I had somebody in my life that was very important to me, whom I thought was the love of my life. His name was Martin and I cared for him very much; sometimes I would feel when he was in trouble. Every time I would feel that feeling, I would call his mother and ask if he was doing okay, but she never knew because he was never home. He was the type of guy that would go out for several hours with his wild friends. Of course, me being his girlfriend, I would try to talk some sense into him but soon his friends would come and ruin everything. One night I called his house to see if he was home because I was a little worried about him, but he wasn’t home. Later that night, I received a phone call from his sister saying that Martin had gotten in a car accident and that he was in the hospital in critical condition. I was praying to God that he would be okay from the moment I heard the news to the moment that saw him. When I got to the hospital I was so scared. When I walked into the room, he was completely unrecognizable. I was trying to be strong but I couldn’t, to see him lying there unable to move and barley able to speak was heart breaking. But I had faith in God that he was going to be okay.

When I walked out of the room his mom told me that the doctors said that if he would ever get in a car accident, he wouldn’t survive because he had fluids going into his brain. After that I kept praying for him by asking God to protect him from getting into another car accident. After a couple of years from his accident he got engaged to girl who got pregnant. One day Martin went to my house because he wanted to talk, but I told him to move on with his life and let me move on with mine.

The next day I left to London to visit my sister for spring break. When I was in London I lost my passport so I had to stay there an extra two weeks, within those next two weeks, Martin got hit by a car and passed away. I believe that by me staying in London for two extra weeks was Gods will. If I wouldn’t have been in London I would have still been trying to help him better his life instead of moving on with mine I believe that God wants the best for me and from me. God has given me many blessings, blessings I thought would never occur in my life. He has proven that he is here for me in many ways and that is why I believe in God.