Gavin - Westhampton Beach, New York
Themes: tolerance

What’s The Difference?

I believe that religion and race shouldn’t affect how you think or act. I think that everyone should do what they think is right. Religion and race have resulted in billions of deaths in religious wars and I think that if people just accepted each others religious and cultural differences the world would be a lot less violent. Sure, there would still be conflicts over land, money, resources, and power, but people will be much less hostile towards their petty deference’s. I dream of a world where everyone can work together despite religious and cultural backgrounds for a common cause. I’m not saying that each person in the world should act the same, look the same, or think the same. I think people should be different because different is good. If people weren’t different the world would be extremely boring and unimaginative. Not only that, if people weren’t different, maybe we wouldn’t have things like radio, television, or the internet. If people continue to dispute over ridiculous things like religion and culture, it will lead to our demise. One day, something will happen that will jeopardize all life on earth. And if everyone in the world is separated by these differences what will happen when a meteor the size of India is heading right toward us or a terrible virus breaks out? We will die. We need to unite and accept that everyone is different and use our different minds to come up with solutions to today’s biggest problems. If we as the human race could just get past our differences in beliefs we could do amazing things that are unfathomable to us as of now. Religion and race are such small differences. If we just took a minute to think about it, we aren’t different. We are all human. Religion and race should exist, but it shouldn’t affect how people think and make decisions upon. That is what I believe.