Jenny - sävar, Sweden
Themes: peace

We are all keepers of peace. Every human in the world whether you are red, yellow, black or white; tall, thick, thin or short, you have the power to improve something in your life or in the world. It could be something as simple as changing a negative attitude which, even though it is a small change, can make so many situations easier for others. We all carry the key to unleash peace in the world, to prevent war from happening and to create a better place for our kids and the coming generations, to live in.

Peace is a beautiful state, both in mind and in general, and something we should cherish whenever we can to prevent it from dying. I’ve been lucky enough to be able to grow up and live my life in peace, but this has also given me a responsibility. The responsibility I’m talking about consists in keeping on working against all the injustices that other people in the world have to live with every day. For about ten years ago one of my little sisters once asked me about why war and discriminations exists since it only brings so much pain, and to my great disappointment as a big sister I couldn’t give her an answer. I still find it very hard to be able to make sense out of something as destructive as war I still feel that I can’t ignore it or stop thinking about it.

So I don’t ignore it, I keep talking about how it is my opinion that everybody in the world should work towards peace and equality, and at the same time I know that it goes for me too. The more I think about it, the harder I find it but it is still my opinion that the only right thing to do is work towards a better and united world. Different measures I’ve been using to improve the situation in my neighbourhood have for example consisted in helping others as much as I’ve been able to. I feel that it is a privilege to be able to help others, even if it just a matter of small things as carrying shopping bags. Helping has a way of countering bad atmosphere and strengthen peace in mt surroundings.

So when people ask me what I believe in I say mankind; the keepers of the most beautiful thing in the world: Peace.