Sofia - 905 96, Sweden
Themes: Christianity

I saw them!

It was during Christmas time, one year ago. I was sitting on the bus on my way back home from town. Like any other day this time of year, the bus was crowded and there were no seats left. After about five minutes the bus stopped and picked up a woman and her daughter, who couldn’t have been more then a few months old. The baby was babbling and smiling and being so cute and lovable. The mother was standing in the middle of the aisle and holding her daughter in her arms close to her body. I was on my way to stand up and offer the woman and her child my seat. As I was getting up, two adorable boys who weren’t more than ten jumped down from their seat and offered the woman and her child a place to sit.

I was so amazed. For me they were two angels sent from heaven. I saw the happiness and the gratitude in the woman’s face as she thanked them and sat down. I couldn’t stop smiling. This gave me hope and optimism that in all of us there is an angel hidden and someday everyone will show their wings and halos.

I believe in angels. They are ordinary everyday people who I meet on my way to the bus, subway, school or work. It’s the girl who gives me a smile while passing her on the street or the boy holding up the door for the old lady. The real action from helping a stranger over the street or someone I care for, gives me a great joy by knowing I have been able to help. The act brings happiness not only to me, but also to the boy, girl, man or woman I have helped. I would like everyone to spread their wings and try them and see where they take us.

If everyone spreads their wings they will bring joy to families, friends and strangers simply by their random act of kindness. I know there is an angel ready to be born in everyone of us. I believe in angels and in every face I look into, I see an angel grow!

This I believe!