Kerstin - Umeå, Sweden
Themes: nature

What is more beautiful than the nature? My favorite thing is to see buds bloom in the spring with petals shining in bright colors. Once upon a time this world consisted of nothing other than nature. Before humankind developed, planet earth was a great, big and untouched landscape. Out of the nature, life developed and it survived thanks to nature. Nature was here before us and will be here after us.

I remember this time when I helped my dad in the garden. When I was 10 years old my father and I sowed seeds in the beginning of February. We had these little greenhouses, by the window that we filled with everything from flower seeds to carrot seeds. When we were finished I asked my dad “When can we eat the carrots?” he answered that that wasn’t the point why we sowed the seeds. He told me that the best part of sowing seeds is to see the amazing growth of a grey, wrinkly seed becoming a beautiful flower or carrot. What my dad said got me thinking. When a person receives flower they light up with smile. The beauty of flowers has a power that makes us feel better.

Nature provides us with so many things or actually everything. We grew up in this world surviving by eating the fruit on the bushes and building shelters from the trees. The planet earth is called Mother Nature every now and then and I would say that Mother earth that is the proper name for our planet. We should be grateful for our nature and treat it well and with respect. You may ask yourself “how can we treat it with respect, it’s not like it’s a human?” Well, believe me is easier than you think. Every action is beneficial for our nature. I show respect by just doing little things like taking my bike to school, by recycling and taking the train instead of the airplane. What matters is that you in the back of your mind try do things in a way so that nature benefits from it.

Many studies have shown that nature has a beneficial affect on people. Nature takes our minds off the daily demands required of us and the stress we have to handle. It is even proven that just by having a vase with fresh flowers on your dinner table or a potted plant in a room, makes the whole room feel harmonic.

I believe that we have to take care of nature because nature takes care of us. I believe that the world is a better place because of the flowers and trees. This I believe.