Driss - Miami, Florida

I ran as fast as I could from this topic. I tried hiding in my busy schedule to avoid watching the news. Exhausted I could no longer hide and I had to surrender to the facts. As an American Muslim I had to ask the hard question; is the Muslim nation dyeing? What has taken over this nation? What else can this nation bare? Kids shot, women being raped, man piled naked like animals while interrogated. How sad is it? How bad is it when you have to look at your Muslim, American born child and explain why are Muslims being treated the way they are around the world? How confusing is it for an American Muslim child to face his friends at school and answer a question about Muslims being terrorists? Islam combines the social, political and religion aspects of life under one single concept. In fact Islam is a life style and anyone who would understand it enough would realize the power that lies underneath such concept. No wonder so many fanatics are trying to highjack this religion to gain power. What about us? The simple people who just want to live? Why do we have to pay so dearly? Why do our children have to suffer so much? I believe that there is no slower death than when you know you are going to be executed. After September 11 our nation has been condemned and we are a Dead Nation Walking. But as a man with faith, I also believe that God answers prayers in the most difficult moments. So I decided to pray; God! Let it be tolerance in this world. Oh God, let our children be respected. Oh you who hears the prayer steer us away from those who have put us on this path of destruction. Please God let us live in peace.