Nathan - Unicoi, Tennessee

Today’s fast paced society bases the true success of life upon a sole destination. I believe that real success is derived from the journey of life itself. Living and learning are the purposes for which God placed man on Earth. Success cannot be measured by what or how much but by the wisdom used to achieve a certain goal.

I believe that wisdom can only be attained through work as people live and learn. Work is inevitable, and it teaches the values of patience and life’s wisdom. Without hard work and perseverance the forefathers of this great nation could not have developed it into the great world power it is today.

I believe the only way to live through the hardships of life, is to rely on my fellow man. In turn, I believe that everyone should be willing to help his or her neighbor. I believe in the power of a smile. A smile shows that the person sending it cares. A smile can shine a ray of joy on the worst day imaginable and make it more bearable. A smile paints a language which all people understand; expressing happiness through a smile is universal. The heart of a person can be characterized by his or her smile. Everyone has a distinct smile; they are like a fingerprint, no two are ever the same.

I believe in rest. Not rest for the young but rest for the old. Elders gave the most wisdom. Old people have seen hard times, yet they have experienced what it takes to build life’s true success. I believe that when a person is successful, they should rest, but the only way to attain success is to live a life reaping the virtues of wisdom and patience. Success is in the journey, not the destination.