Anthony - westhampton, New York

I believe that no matter what, you should go with your gut. If you know that something is right, then you believe in that. If you know that something is wrong, then you know despite what others say that you shouldn’t do it. If you feel that an answer on a test is right, then someone who’s smarter than you tells its wrong, doesn’t mean that they are right. We are all human, and are flawed make mistakes equally. If everyone in the world went with their gut feeling, then I believe that this world would be a better place to live. The terrorist on 911 must have had some doubts before committing suicide. Saddam Hussein must have thought twice before making those nuclear weapons, then hiding them and lying about them. Your conscious is the most powerful mentor that you posses. It can teach you right from wrong, and correct from incorrect. Use it wisely.

I believe that going with your gut is one of the most important things that you could ever do. Take Thomas Edison for example. How many people told him he should put that light bulb theory to rest? He always kept being persecuted for being crazy to try something so impossible. He knew though in his heart that if he kept trying he would get it eventually, it was inevitable. It like he said, “Invention is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration”. He knew that the harder he worked the better and faster the results would come. Another good example of this is Tony Hawk. He was always told that he should just give up on Skateboarding. It was a waste of time and a horrible activity to participate in. He knew he could get good though. It was something he loved and if he kept at it he could become great. He kept going because he knew that he should continue with what ever he wanted to. If you know that someone is telling you that you’re not capable of something or if you don’t really know something, and you know you do, you follow your heart. Your first instincts 9 times out of 10 will be your best guess at something.

I believe that this world would be without as many tragedies, and would be a happier place to live. I believe that everyone would be a better person if we all did one thing… Follow our gut. This I believe.