Justin - East Quogue, New York
Themes: work

I believe that if you work hard at something, give your all, and believe in yourself that you can do it, that you definitely can.

I am 15 years old and already there have been many experiences in my life where I really wanted to achieve something. This one time I was probably about 10 years and I had a State karate tournament. Most of the kids in the tournament were a lot older and bigger then me. I worked really hard up to the tournament. I believed that I could win if I tried my hardest, and what do you know, I won the tournament. That’s what people need to start doing. They need to believe in themselves so they can achieve their goals in life. You need to always work hard and never give up. Even when you are down and you think you have no chance in achieving what you’re trying to do, if you give your all and don’t give up, I believe you will achieve your goal.

There has been so many time in which I didn’t think I was going to win or do good in something. Especially times in sports and school. You can’t think that to yourself though. If you think you can’t do it then you probably won’t be able to. That’s why you need to believe and think to yourself that you can do it. This one time in football I thought I was going to do horrible since it was one of my first games. The team we were playing was bigger then us. Once we started playing I realized we were better so I started to believe that I could good. I had about 4 sacks that game because gave my all and believed in myself.

Even right now I am working hard in school and starting to do a lot better. It just shows believing in yourself and giving your all definitely pays off. I learned that from many experiences in my life and I know a lot of other people who have to. Even simple things in your life might seem hard to some people. That’s why you need to just think you can do it, and you can.