Rachel - Aurora, Ohio

“They shall live by faith.” (Romans 1:17). I believe in faith and god. My belief for god has been transformed, shaped, and reaffirmed many times throughout my life. There is one story that impacted my life, that I heard while I was at church one Sunday morning. I was sitting in the pew, a regular day, till a older man got up to the pulpit and started to tell his story. He started off by saying a few weeks ago his house had been burned down by a dishwasher malfunction, but luckily the family was safe. The night before the fire took place, his wife needed to run the dishwasher, but she decided that there would be breakfast bowls in the morning from her husband and two sons so she decided to wait. The next morning they all sat down for breakfast, and ate; next she loaded the dishwasher while the rest of the family got ready for church. Walking out to the car, she realized that she had forgotten to turn the dishwasher on. She went back inside and did so, and then the family was off to church. While they were at church the entire house burnt down. This story reaffirmed my faith due to the fact that if she would of ran it the night before, the house would of burnt down while they were in it and they could of died. Since they all went to church everyone was safe. After walking out of church that day, it had a big impact on my views about god. Many people tell stories about things that have happened to them that made their faith blossomed, but when you hear a story about people that you know it changes your whole perspective on faith and out look on life.

Since I was young, I have been going to Sunday school, and church learning about god. When you get to a certain point in your life you need to decide if you want god to be apart of you life, and I did that when I was confirmed. Portraying that I have faith for god. I have learned that faith isn’t something that people just have, and isn’t something that people are born with. I believe that the faith you gain will transpire throughout your life, but the one thing that I have learned from the many years that I have been going to church is all you can do is believe.