Tamara - Clackamas, Oregon
Themes: parenthood

This I Believe Statement

I believe that parents need to be more responsible about making choices. I have seen parents telling their children ages 10-18 to leave the house when they aren’t ready to leave the house. I have seen families that are low on money, and can’t feed their children. Some parents might think that their child is ready to be on their own, but they aren’t. The children have a hard time when they are on their own, but they have job that pays well; they won’t have any problems. My experience that I had was feeling like I didn’t belong at home when my family had a problem. My family moved from house to house, which made me go to about six different schools. The relationship with my family was hard for me, because I have about eight people in my immediate family. When my got smaller when some of my sisters and brother were ready to live alone or with a friend. How my beliefs influence view on politics is how the law needs to change. The law needs because the government doesn’t see that there are people and children that parents don’t want anymore. Also some parents just leave their children at relatives house, and never come back to their children. In Conclusion, parents need to make that their children don’t feel like nobody wants them, and make that parents have the knowledge so they don’t make 10-18 years leave when their aren’t ready.