Dmitriy - clackamas, Oregon
Themes: injustice

I Believe

I believe that the prosecution of the law is not all ways right. This is what happened I was driving late at night around coming form a friend’s house. There was two other people with me, one guy was Tim. He was 17 at the time, and the other guy was 16 at the time. So it was dark out side I pulled up to a stop sign that was on a slope. I stop completely and turn right. I drove about a mile and on the other side a cop was driving he looks at us and gives me a weird look. I look into back and I see him turning his car around and his light are on. So I turn to the right and stop my car. He comes up and asks me for my licenses. Then he take it and says why did you run the stop sign I told him that I didn’t and my friend told him the same. Then he tells my friend to shut up and said I am not talking to you guys, so we are telling him that we didn’t run the stop sign the cop tell us if we wont shut up that he will take us to jail because it pass curfew. So we all shut up and listen to what he says then he went to the car and comes by with a ticket for 360 dollars. I don’t him that I did stop but he didn’t listen he throws the ticket and my licenses and side and walks off. Later on I went to court and saw a judge, the judge asked me if I was guilty and I said I was not. So the judge told me to say I was guilty because I will never win this case and if say that I was guilty he will give me a deal. But when I started to tell him that I am not guilty he would just tell me the same thing to say you’re guilty. So he give me no choice after a half a hour I said I was guilty. At the end he told me that he will drop some of the money off the ticket and that I will still have money for some gel for my hair because it was spiked once he said that he was laughing at me like I was a dumb A**. So in the end I paid money for the ticket and also went to a traffic safety school. After all that I felt like a retarded because I didn’t know what I could do. I think he just hated Russians but we are not all the same. I think that this few officers think that we can’t do anything because we do have the resores or that we don’t know the law. Like if even you get a lawyer you have to know all the laws because you don’t know if he is good or not. I think that when he passed us he thought look at this Russians have a good time smiling and enjoying life lets do something about this. I think when the see someone from a different country that we get wrongfully accused all the time.